(Click here for larger image)
Author: Diane Trister Dodge, Laura J. Colker, Cate Heroman
Publisher: Teaching Strategies, Inc.
The fourth edition of The Creative Curriclum® for Preschool applies recent theories and research on best practices in teaching and learning and the content statndards developed by states and professional organizations. While keeping the environmentally-based approach, it clearly defines the teacher's vital role in connecting content, teaching, and learning for preschool children.
- Child development and learning theory and how it is applied throughout the curriculum
- Goals and objectives linked directly to a valid and reliable assessment instrument (The Creative Curriculum® Developmental Continuum for Ages 3-5)
- A total of 11 interest areas
- Strategies for meeting the needs of second language learners and children with disabilities
- Specific guidance on the teacher's role in teaching content in literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology throughout the day
- A wide range of instructional strategies -- from child-initiated to teacher-directed learning -- to respond best to children's strengths and interests and the material being taught
- Guidance for building children's social competence, teaching social problem solving skills, and responding to challenging behavior
This item is a final sale. Item cannot be returned or exchanged.